(serves 4-5 pax)
500g beef shin (cut into 2cm cubes)
2 yellow onions (chopped finely)
20g sweet Hungarian paprika
5 cloves garlic (minced)
2 pcs fresh red paprika (deseeded/membrane removed, cut into 1.5cm chunks)
1 pc fresh yellow paprika (deseeded/ membrane removed, cut into 1.5cm chunks)
2 pcs tomatoes (diced)
2 pcs carrots (diced)
2 medium potatoes (cur into 1.5cm chunks)
1 ltr beef broth
2 pcs bay leaves
Salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium high heat and cook the onions until beginning to brown, about 7-10 mins.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the sweet paprika then add the beef and garlic, return to the heat, mix thoroughly and cook for another 10 mins or until the beef is no longer pink.
3. Add fresh paprika and cook for another 8 mins, follow by carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, beef broth and bay leaves. Bring to a quick boil, covered. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1 hr. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream.
5. Bon appetit!
1. Sweet paprika is the closest one can get in SG.
2. Can replace fresh paprika with 1 big red pepper and 1 big yellow/orange pepper.
3. I did not add any salt or pepper, gravy is tasty enough.