Yellow split beans rinsed n soaked abt 2hrs or till bloated
1 litre boiled water
1/4 cup castor sugar
2-3 tbsp orange sugar
Half bowl of potato flour mixed with water
A few knotted pandan leaves
1. Rinse the beans clean, soak & put aside.
2. Once beans are bloated, steam it in medium heat with 2 knotted pandan leaves till al-dente (cooked n grainy texture)
3. In a cooking pot, pour the castor sugar n let it slowly brown over low heat. This will take some time ...
4. Once it browns, pour some water slowly bit by bit n stir till the syrup is even. Becareful, as it may splatter n very hot. Once even, add in more water to cook with knotted pandan leaves. At this point, you may add in the orange sugar too.
5. Then add in the potato flour mixture n stir well with no lumps, to reach the desired consistency.
6. Pour in the steamed beans n mix well in the pot.
7. Scoop into bowls n top with dough fritters.
8. Serve hot. Enjoy!!