- 16 med prawns; heads removed & slit the shelled back (devein if u prefer)
- 5 cloves garlic; minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 1 cm ginger slab; minced
- 2 red chillies; chopped
- 1 tsp fermented black beans (bottled)
- 2 tsp fermented soya beans sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp sugar
- rice wine to taste
- pepper to taste
- oil for cooking
- chilli flakes to taste (optional)
1. Pour oil to above 1cm deep. Dab prawns dry & panfry until just turn color for a minute. Sieve out the prawns; put aside.
2. Drain off the excess oil, leaving just enough for cooking (abt 1-1 1/2tbsp). Add in the minced garlic, onion, ginger & chilli. Sautéed until fragrant.
3. Add in the fermented black beans, soya bean sauce, ketchup & stir for a bit. Then if it gets dry, add a tbsp of water. Add in 1/2 tbsp sugar.
4. Put prawns back into the wok; coating with the mixture. Season with rice wine and pepper. Add more sugar if needed. Lastly if you prefer, add some chilli flakes before serving.