Recipe adapted from
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the base:
300g minced beef
4 tbsp onions (coarsely diced)
2 tbsp carrots (coarsely diced)
4 mushrooms (soaked & diced)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 bay leaves
½ cup beef stock
1 tbsp Bovril
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp plain flour
For the potato topping:
400g potatoes (quartered)
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
Pinch of salt
Final egg wash topping:
1 egg yolk (beaten)
1. Add 1 tsp salt to a pot of water and bring to a boil before adding potatoes. Boil the potatoes till very tender.
2. Melt butter in baking tray while preheating the airfryer. All cooking is done in the baking tray at 180 deg C.
3. Fry onion for 1 min then add garlic and fry for a further min till fragrant.
4. Stir in the minced beef, carrot, mushrooms, mixed herb, black pepper and the bay leaves, mix thoroughly and airfry for 20 mins. Give a good stir every 5 mins.
5. At the 10 mins mark, add Bovril and the beef stock and stir. Keep stirring every 5 mins.
6. Sprinkle plain flour to the mixture and mix thoroughly just 2 – 3 mins before cooking is done. Keep the baking tray in the airfryer (to keep warm) while you mash the potatoes.
7. Add butter, salt and milk (little by little) to the potatoes, mash and mix thoroughly.
8. Scoop the mashed potatoes onto the beef mixture, level with the back of the spoon.
9. Use a fork to run lines on top of the mashed potatoes then egg wash with a yolk before returning the baking tray to the airfryer.
10. Airfry at 180 deg C for 20 mins.
11. Serve warm and bon appetite!
Post link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=961527290529781&set=gm.723571174378628&type=1&theater