Deconstructed Beef Wellington Pie by Mitchelle Chua
( Mushroom duxelle)
- 200g Swiss button mushroom
- 1 small red onion
- 4 clove garlic
- 25g butter
- 2 TBS of Woh Hup Shiitake Mushroom sauce
- 250g minced beef
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 TBS of Woh Hup Shiitake Mushroom Sauce
- 25g butter
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 4 slices of Serrano ham
- 1 egg wash
- 80g of cheddar cheese
- sesame seeds
1. Prepare Mushroom duxelles, heat up butter, add in garlic, onions, chopped Mushroom, seasoned with Soh hup Mushroom sauce , cook until into Mushroom paste, set aside to cool.
2. Beef minced; heat up butter, add in garlic and onion until translucent, add in minced beef, then Woh Hup Mushroom sauce, cooked for 10min. Set aside to cool.
3. Cut pastry into 8 triangles, assembled into a ⭐️star shape
4. Brush egg wash on it, place the Serrano hams around th centre of the star, followed by a layer of mushroom duxelles, minced beef and top up with cheddar cheese.
5. Now, pull the pointed end to the centre to create a wreath shape.
6. Brushes with egg wash, sprinkle some cheddar cheese to your liking and sprinkle some sesame seed on it.
7. Baked in a pre-heated oven at 200c for 25min.
8. Removed from oven and cool for 5min, served with green salad.