We are salted egg yolk fans. To enhance the flavor of the croquettes, golden salted egg powder were added.
Ingredients for Croquettes
250gm fresh minced chicken
60gm Russet potato ( boiled & mashed)
2 tsp chopped coriander
1 finely chopped shallot
1/4 cup panko or bread crumbs
Croquettes Seasoning 1 tbsp Knorr Golden Salted Egg powder
1 tbsp Knorr Hao Chi
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp ground white pepper
1 small egg
1/2 cup panko or bread crumbs
1 egg small
Some plain flour
Sauce Ingredients 5 tbsp Knorr golden salted egg powder
1 tsp Knorr Hao Chi or more up to your preferences
100 ml evaporated milk
3 clove garlic
3 stalks kari leaves
2 chopped Chili padi
Few dash of ground white pepper
3 tbsp salted butter
1. Add minced chicken, mashed potatoes, finely chopped shallots, coriander, 1/4 cup panko, lightly beaten egg and all seasoning. Mix well set aside for at least 30 mins.
2. Heat up a non stick pan, melt 3 tbsp of butter with medium heat.
3. Sauté the minced garlic, chili and 3 stalks washes kari leaves ( I crushed the leaves for stronger fragrance) till garlic turned golden brown.
4. Add 5 tbsp Knorr Salted Egg powder, 1 tsp Knorr Hoa Chi, few dash of ground white pepper & pour in 100ml evaporated milk. Simmered, lower the heat & stir well till the sauce achieved the right consistency for you. Pour into the sauce bowl and set aside for dipping.
5. Divide the meat mixture into 14
6. Dredge each ball with flour, egg and panko. Leave it on the parchment paper.
7. Heat up oil in small pot with medium heat, add a pinch of salt.
8. Deep fry croquettes till golden brown, flip with Yong for nicer color. Best fry in batches.
9. Transfer the snacks onto the paper towels.
10. Once ready serve with yummy golden salted egg dip.