500 gm frozen organic mussels
1.5 to 2 tbsp Dancing Chef laksa paste
5 candle nuts/ almond/ cashew nuts, pounded finely
1/2 yellow onion, diced small
200ml cooking cream
Some laksa leave (optional)
1. Heat a pot with 1 tbsp olive oil, on high heat.
2. Sauté the diced onion till fragrant, add in pounded candle nuts or nuts, saute for 1 mins. Add 1.5 to 2 tbsp Dancing Chef laksa paste and stir fry for few second.
3. Wash and risen the frozen mussels. Don't defrost the mussels ( learnt this from a friend, texture of mussels were good & juicy) Toss frozen washed mussels into the pot, stir fried for 1 mins.
4. Pour in water and cooking cream and give a little of the mussels. Cover the pot with lid.
5. Simmered for 8 to 10 mins.
6. No salt required, as its well seasoned with the laksa seasoning.
7. Off heat, garnish with some finely chopped laksa leaves (optional).
8. Ready to serve! You may serve with warm crusty bread. Enjoy!