5 egg yolks
1/8 tsp salt
15g Huiji honey
110g less sweet soya milk
100g cake flour
15g soy milk powder or black soy milk powder
15g corn flour
20 pieces of dried blue pea flower
5 Tablespoon water
6 egg whites
1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
21cm chiffon pan
1) Bring ingredient (B) to a boil and allow to sit for 15 to 30mins. Thereafter remove and discard the blue pea flower after sqeezing out the water. Set the blue liquid aside.
2) Mix egg yolks, salt and honey together with a whisk until well combine.
3) Mix in oil. Once evenly mixed, add in soya milk and mix well.
4) Add in sieved cake flour, corn flour and soy milk powder and mix well until no trace of flour can be found.
5) Divide the batter into 2 halves. Add approx 2-3 Tbsp of the blue pea essence to one of the batter.
6) Beat egg white with a mixer until foamy, add in lemon juice and sugar and mix till stiff peak.
7) Fold in the meringue gently into the 2 batters, 1/3 at a time.
8) Pour the 2 different coloured batters alternatively into the chiffon tin and gently tap the tin on table to remove air bubbles.
9) Bake the cake at preheated oven for 15 min at 170°C then 40-45 mins at 160°C.
10) Invert immediately once out of the oven to cool.
11) Unmould when the cake has cooled down. Slice and serve.