2 whole Duck Legs
2 hard boiled eggs
1Huiji cup full Huiji Waist Tonic
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anises
3 small pepper corns
5 slices of ginger
8 cloves of garlics
2tbsp raw sugar
3tbsp dark soy sauce
Water enough to cover the duck legs
- Boil the eggs and removed shell and set aside.
- Wash and pat dry Whole Duck Legs. Rub with salt and leave in the fridge for couple of hours.
- Remove duck legs from fridge.
- Heat up a wok/pan, add in 2tbsp raw sugar to caramelize, put in duck legs, skin side down to coat with the caramelized sugar. The duck legs skin willbe slightly golden brown colour.
- Add in cinnamon stick, star anises, cloves, pepper, garlics, slices of ginger.
- Pour enough water to cover the duck legs then add in dark soy sauce. Bring to boil. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Add in the hardboiled eggs and boil together for 30mins
- After 30mins of cooking, add in Huiji cup full of Huiji Waist Tonic and simmer the ducks legs for another 5mins.
- Remove duck legs and allow to cool before chop(optional) and serve with braised hardboiled eggs.
- Garish with spring onion and pour braised sauce over and serve.