Ingredients3 eggs yolk
55gm cake flour/top flour
30gm lemon juice
1tsp lemon zest
30gm corn oil
3 eggs white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
16pcs pickled Sakura
Lined a 10x10" square tin with parchment/baking paper.
Soak sakura flowers in a bowl for an hour or more.
Drain and pat dry with kitchen towel.
Arrange flowers on the lined baking tray.
Preheat oven temp 180deg.
1. Whisk eggs yolk and sugar till creamy.
Add lemon juice, lemon zest and oil to combine.
2. Sieve in flour and salt and mix well. Set aside.
3. In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white till foamy.
4. Add in cream of tartar and sugar in 3 addition.
Continue to whisk till stiff peak.
5. Fold egg white mixture into yolk mixture in 3 addition using a spatula.
6. Pour mixture onto the lined baking tray and spread evenly.
7. Knock tray on table 2 to 3 times to get rid of air bubbles.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins.
Remove tray once baked from oven.
9. Flip over and gently peel off parchment paper.
Place a new piece of parchment paper on cake and flip cake back.
Roll up immediately.
10. Chill in the fridge with parchment paper wrap around.
11. Once cool, turn cake over and spread with the filling.
Roll cake neatly and slice to serve.
Lemon curd filling
1/2 cup sugar
1tbsp grated lemon zest
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Pinch of salt
In a heatproof bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice, zest and salt. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and cook. (Double boiling method)
Add in butter and whisk constantly until the mixture has thicken, about 15mins
Pour the mixture in a bowl and place a wax paper directly on the surface of the lemon curd for later use.