220g cake flour
2 big red apple
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Honey
3 tbsp water
Pinch of Cinnamon powder (optional)
* to cook together w apple/mix together with flour OR sprinkle on top of apple tarts before serve. Choose one see where you want your cinnamon taste to be. (I mixed it into the flour.)
1) Cut apple in stripes, place it in a sauce pan add in sugar, honey and water. (Add in less then 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder if u like the taste) Cook for 3-5 mins at medium heat. Remove cooked apple fr pot.
Keep cooked apple water for later use.
2) Place butter in a mixing bowl, add 3 tbsp cooked apple water, Sift in cake flour, knead until the dough become smooth.
3) Dust some flour on working table, cut dough into half and roll each piece to flat. Cut into stripes, each strip about 1 inch width and 8 -10 inches in length Or
divide dough in 20g each roll it flat into stripe.
4) Take 1 strip and place 5-6 slices of cooked apple on top, overleap each strip.
Roll it up and put it into cupcake holder. (You don't have to seal up the dough at the bottom of apple tart). Refer to the image at comment below.
5) Bake it at 160 degree C for 30 mins.
6) Remove from oven brush a thin layer of honey on it.( I skip this part) Let it cool down for abt 10 mins, springkle with icing sugar and cinnamon powder (optional).
Serve w tea or coffee🍴🍵
Hints and tips
1. Coat flour on your palm everytime when you handle the dough.
2. Is better to have a thin strip of dough then a thick one.
3. When you place cooked apple on the dough, make sure it is dry, if the dough get wet, you will have problem to roll it up.