1 cup plain flour
0.5 cup rice flour - this makes waffle crispy
6 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, separated
1.5 cup coconut milk (if 1 pkt is not enough, just top up with water or milk to make 1.5 cup)
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp pandan paste
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine coconut milk, butter, egg yolk, pandan paste.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently stir it in. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Impt not to over mix it, else waffle will be chewy & hard.
4. Whisk egg white till stiff peaks. Gently fold into batter. Rest mixture for 10min.
5. Meanwhile, turn on waffle maker to preheat.
6. Ladle batter onto waffle maker. Close lid.
7. When waffle maker signals it's ready, take out and leave to cool on rack before putting on plate. This prevents condensation and keeps waffle crispy.