4 pcs medium squids
200g of minced meat (also dependent on size of squid)
¼ medium carrot (diced)
4 pcs of mushrooms (soaked and diced)
10g of black fungus (soaked and chopped) or 3 pcs of water chestnuts (cleaned and diced)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cornstarch slurry
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Hua Tiao Chiew
a dash of white pepper (optional)
1. Clean squids thoroughly and set aside.
2. Combine mushroom, black fungus and carrots into the minced meat then mix the mixture thoroughly after adding seasoning 1.
3. Stuff the mixture into the squids (fill up to 4/5 full) and secure opening with toothpicks then drizzle 2 tbsp soy sauce to coat the squids.
4. Steam the stuffed squids on high heat for 5 mins, do not discard the gravy.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan and panfry squids till brownish before adding the gravy and thicken it with cornstarch slurry.
6. Cut squids when cooled.
7. Bon appétit!