100g cake flour (sifted)
80g fine sugar
100g corn oil
4 eggs (separate yolks n whites)
100g whipped/fresh cream
One punnet of fresh strawberries (cut lengthwise-halved)
1. Whisk the 4 egg whites till slightly foamy. Then add 2 tspn of fine sugar. Increase mixer speed n whisk till stiff peaks. (U may transfer this into a clean bowl first) Keep this in fridge for later use.
2. Whisk the 4 yolks n sugar till thick.
3. Fold in the whites now (2 to 3 batches) into the yolk mixture.
4. Once well combined, handfold the sifted flour into the abv egg mixture then followed by oil (per my usual spongecake recipe abv).
5. Pour this batter into a lined shallow tray (i used a rectangular tray tis round).
6. Baked in a preheated oven at 180°c for 20mins or till cooked.
7. Once out frm oven, flip this over another clean sheet of baking paper (i lay a silicone baking mat below instead of wet towel). Remove that earlier lined baking paper.
8. When it is slightly cooled, spread the freshcream. I usually lay the strawberries in longitude manner in abt 3 rows. U may also choose to dice in cube forms n spread all over the cream.
9. Start to roll like a swissroll. Twist both ends of the baking paper n leave the whole roll in freezer to firm up bef moving it down to continue chilling in chiller section.
10. Serve chilled n dust with snow powder.