1kg squid, cut into rings
2 green chili, cut into halves lengthwise
1 lemongrass, bruised and cut into 3
Black ink from squid (still intact with its sack)
1tsp of ikan bilis stock powder
Salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp chili paste
Chili Paste (Ingredients to be blended):
25-30 dried chili, soaked till soft
1 large onion
1 inch ginger
4 cloves garlic
1. Heat pot with some oil. Sautee blended ingredients (should be about 1 1/2 heaped tbsp) with lemongrass till fragrant.
2. Add in the squid and cook it for about 8 mins. Then add in the ink and stir well.
3. Add in a bit of water but not too much as the squid will produce water too. Add ikan bilis stock and salt. Stir well.
4. Allow it to cook for another 8 minutes before adding in the green chili.
5. Turn off the heat and serve it hot with rice.