Pork belly (marinated with light soya sauce, cooking wine, sesame oil, a dash of white pepper)
Dried mushrooms (soaked and sliced)
Dried shrimps (washed and soaked)
1 dried scallop (soaked and shredded)
Chopped Garlic and shallots
Rice (wash and drain water)
1. Heat up 1 tbsp oil in wok and fry yam till brown. Dish and set aside.
2. Heat up 1 tbsp oil in wok and fry pork belly till slightly cooked. Dish and set aside.
3. Fry garlic, shallots, dried shrimps, dried scallop and mushrooms.
4. Add in pork belly, washed rice and yam. Fry slightly to mix all ingredients.
5. Add 2 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp light soya sauce and 1 tbsp dark soya sauce. Mix everything. Turn off heat.
6. Transfer all into rice cooker and add enough water to cook the rice. (I cooked 2 cups of rice so added 2 cups of water). Turn rice cooker on.
7. Serve hot with your favourite condiments. (Mine's fried shallots)