80g crab meat
80g minced meat
5 + 2 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 + 2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp chicken powder
1 tbsp black vinegar
4-5 pcs dried chrysanthemum flower
1. Cut an orange cap about 1/4 from top, either straight through or using a special V fruit cutting kit. Set side the caps.
2. Dig out all the flesh leaving a thin layer inside the orange. Remove pulp from its jacket and set aside with the juice.
3. Heat oil in a skillet, fry minced meat till fragrant then add crab meat follow by 5 tbsp shaoxing wine, sugar, salt chicken powder, half the portion of pulp and 2-3 tbsp of juice. Stir fry till well combined, add 1 tbsp rice vinegar just before turning off heat.
4. Fill the oranges with the mixture till about 4/5 of its capacity. Put them onto a deep steaming plate.
5. Fill the steaming plate with 2 tbsp of shaoxing wine and rice vinegar, add the chrysanthemum before steaming the oranges covered with its cap on high heat for 15 mins.
6. Open caps, drizzle some black vinegar before serving.
7. Bon appetit!
1. Must leave a layer of flesh inside orange else the mixture when come into contact with the skin during steaming will turn bitter.
2. Discard steaming liquid as it is bitter.
3. Buy sweet oranges for this dish, if its sour, adjust sugar content accordingly.