3- 4 tablespoons Alce Nero Extra Virgin olive oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
1⁄4 lb spanish chorizo, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoon Alce Nero chuncky tomato puree
1 1/4 tsp teaspoons paprika
fresh ground black pepper
320ml medium grain rice (preferably bomba or Arborio)
475ml fish/ chicken/ beef broth
1 teaspoon saffron thread
8 mussels, well scrubbed (or littleneck clam or a combination)
1 big squid, cleaned, cut ring
6 medium/jumbo shrimp and deveined
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 220C°.
2. Soak the saffron with 1/4 cup of broth heat to both, leave a side.
3. Heat the olive oil over med-high heat in a 14-inch (34 to 35 cm) paella pan or 13- to 14-inch ovenproof heavy skillet pan.
4. Saute the onions until softened, about 7 minutes.
5. Add the red capsicum and saute for about 2 minutes, or until slightly softened.
6. Add the chorizo and saute for about 2 minutes, or until well coated with the oil.
7. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add tomato puree and paprika and cook about 1 minute, until slightly darker in color.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Add the rice and cook for 1-2 minute, coat the rice well without browning it.
11. Pour in the broth, and stirring.
12. Cook until the liquid is absorbed, 4-5 minutes.
13. Add the rest of the broth and the saffron broth and bring to a boil.
14. Cover the pan with aluminum and put in the oven.
15. Bake for 25 minutes or until the liquid is almost absorbed.
16. Remove the pan from the oven and add the mussels, shrimps and squids and peas (optional) on top the rice.
17. Return to oven, and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the mussels are open and the shrimp are pink and fully cooked.
18. Serve with wedge lemon and garnish with parsley.