450-500g of yam (dice into chunks and steamed till slightly soft or if preferred)
350g rice flour
20g tapioca flour
Dried shrimps (soaked n diced small)
Chinese mushrooms (sliced finely) some shallots
Seasoning: White pepper
1. Heat up the wok with some oil. Stir fry the shallots till fragrant. Add dried shrimps then the chinese mushrooms.
2. Once fragrant, pour the steamed yam chunks into wok and fry till combined.
3. Add the both sifted flours mixed with water mixture into wok. Add seasoning to taste with chicken cube.
4. Stir fry carefully all the mixture, as it may appear heavy to stir.
5. Transfer to a lightly oil-greased 10" round tray(i usually used 2smaller 8" tray so as to keep one for another day consumption).
6. Steam at high heat for abt 30-35mins. Texture after steaming should look soft but firm.
7. Remove from steamer n cool before cutting.
8. Garnish with sesame seeds, spring onions, chinese parsley, etc.
Note: You may choose to mash up the steamed yam for a more even taste. But I usually prefer mine to hv chunked bits in the yam cake.