Recommended serving for 2
- 300g fish bone
- 300g chicken bone
- a handful dried scallop
- 2 to 3 crayfish
- 10 grey prawns
- 300g pumpkin (dice 2cm by 2cm)
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 thumb old ginger
- 1 cup cooked rice
- cut cray fish into half, remove prawn shells. slice ginger thinly.
- boil diced pumkin in 2 litre water for 20mins, set pumpkin aside to cool then mash it.
- throw in crayfish and peeled prawns for 5 mins and remove. Set aside.
- add in prawn shells including the heads, chicken bone, fish bone, dried scallop and ginger. continue boiling under low flame for 1.5 hrs.
- Meanwhile cook the rice.
- sieve all ingredients from pot, leaving only soup. Continue boiling and add in the mashed pumpkin. Stir well till pumpkin is completely fused with the soup base. Add salt to taste.
- add cooked rice, the cooked crayfish and prawns into soup. Boil for 3-5 minutes till rice is slightly soften.