2 pcs hand size from any fish bone. (chopped)
1 big thumbs size of old ginger (slice)
1 pc of Ti Por - dried Solefish (from 1 fish)
2 litres boiling water
2 tbsp oil
1. Fried Ti Por till brown with some oil. Leave aside.
2. Fried slice ginger for a minute or 2. Put it the fish bone fried for 3-5 mins.
3. Add in the fried Ti Por and pour in hot boiling water.
4. Boil for 15mins medium high heat and 2 hrs low heat.
Note: Balance fish stock, freeze for future use.
For the porridge
Any type of slice fish (I used hai lu 海卢)
Shao Xing wine
Fish sauce or salt to taste
1. About 300ml fish stock, over medium heat add in crab sticks, Tofu, salted veg and slice fish. Bring it to boil.
2. Add 2 tsp of ShaoXing wine, 2 tsp Evaporated milk and 2 tsp fish sauce or some salt.
3. Pour over the rice. (If you prefered softer rice boil together with the soup for 3 mins.)
4. Garnish with finely chopped Chinese Celery, fried onions, pepper and a dash of sesame oil.
5. Serve hot.