Recipe credit to Janet Liew
1 kg beef shin, cut into 2 inches
12 large tomatoes, quarters
3 large red onions, quarters
2 carrots, chopped
6 celery, chopped
6 cloves garlic, removed skin
3 pcs of bay leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
Your preference e.g. 1 tbsp soup rempah powder or 1 tsp italian herbs
1. Season beef with salt & 2 tbsp plain flour.
2. Fry onions & garlic with a tablespoon of butter & some oil until fragrant.
3. Sear the beef shin.
4. Add herbs, tomato, carrots & bay leaves.
5. Simmer until tomatoes softened & liquid seeped out.
6. Cover with pot lid & cook in oven at 140 degrees for 5 hours.
7. Return pot to stove.
8. Add celery & cook until desired texture.
9. Season to taste.
10. Serve with mashed potatoes or toasted bread.