5nos Egg White
80g Castor sugar
5g Corn flour
5nos Egg Yolk
30g Castor sugar
75ml Corn oil
95ml Plain yogurt added w 1 big Tbs honey yuzu **(room temp)
115g Cake flour/superfine flour(sifted)
Pinch of salt
**use scissors to cut yuzu rind into fine pieces,
1 . Separate the eggs and put the egg whites in fridge for later use.
2. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks & sugar (B) till pale in colour, whisk in oil till incorporate follow by Yuzu Yogurt,sifted flour & salt, cover and put aside.
3. Preheat oven to 170ºC top n bottom heat.
4. Remove the egg whites fr fridge and use electric mixer to whisk till little froth, start adding sugar (A) bit by bit, continue whisking till firm peak,add in corn flour, whisk on low speed for about 1min.
5. Add some meringue to yolk batter to loosen up, fold in remaining meringue in two batches,fold in quickly & lightly not to knock out too much air.
6. Pour the batter into 20-21cm chiffon tube pan, move the pan left & right to smooth out the batter. Knocked the pan few times on counter top and bake at 170ºC for 20min and 160ºc for 25min(lowest rack). Test with skewer for doneness.
7. Remove fr oven , invert the pan & cool completely bf unmolding.
Ps: for strawberry swirl, remove 1/4 of batter and add in strawberry powder or strawberry emulco, pour in plain batter into pan follow by strawberry then top with plain , level the batter & use a skewer to swirl the batter arnd the pan.
You may replace yogurt with 90ml yuzu juice.