Recipes for the tart200g butter
100g icing sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp milk powder
1) Cream butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence lightly.
2) add in egg and cream until smooth
3) add in flour and milk powder until well blended
4) press it into the tart mould.
The recipes for the lemon curd200g castor sugar
1 cup cold water
6 egg yolks ( of 55g egg)
1/2 cup lemon juice. ( abt 2 medium lemon)
2 tbsp unsalted sugar
1) in a non stick pan, mix sugar and cornstarch
2) add in cold water n mix well. Bring mixture to a boil on a medium heat.
3) Allow mixture to thicken. Reduce heat to low
4) add the cornstarch mixture to the egg yolk, 1 ladle at a time
5) mix we'll after each addition. Do so quickly to prevent the yolks from cooking
6) return mixture to the pot and mix. Bring to a gentle bo.
7) add lemon juice and mix well. Bring to a gentle boil.
8) add butter. Turn off fire and stir well till butter is all melted.
9) pour into tart case immediately. Else put in a box and surface wrap it with food wrap to prevent the lemon curd from drying up.