20g cooking oil
50g coconut milk
a drizzle of pandan lemak flavoring
small pinch of salt
40g top flour (sifted once)
2 egg yolks
45g caster sugar
pinch of cream of tartar (optional)
Cupcake paper liners
1. Pour the cooking oil, coconut milk, pandan lemak flavoring and salt into a pot.
2. Heat pot over a small flame until you can no longer touch the pot mouth (or 50 degrees). Turn off heat.
3. Stir and then add in top flour. Mix well until no lumps can be seen.
4. Add in the first egg yolk, and then mix well. Then add in the second one.
5. Set aside.
6. Set your oven to 160c to preheat.
7. Line your cupcake tray with the cupcake liners. Set aside.
8. In a separate bowl, whisk your egg whites to a firm peak by adding sugar in 2-3 batches.
9. Stir in 1/3 of your meringue to your egg yolk batter first. Then pour the mixure back into the rest of your meringue and fold in lightly; taking care not to deflate your meringue.
10. Drop 2 spoonfuls of batter into each cupcake. Use a satay stick or toothpick to give each batter a slight swirl to prevent any large air pockets.
11. Pop tray into oven and reduce temp to 155c and bake for 25-30 mins.
- Oven temp differs across ovens so please adjust accordingly. For your reference, my cupcakes rose and is fully dome shaped by the 10th min.
- If you are using natural pandan extract, please reduce your cococonut milk accordingly.