120g Unsalted Butter, soften
170g brown sugar
240g self-raising flour
2 large eggs (60g each)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 Large banana, mashed (about 1 cup)
50g walnut (roughly chopped), optional
50g dark chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree, grease and flour a loaf tin (21 x 11 x 6cm).
2. Sieved flour and baking soda together and set aside. Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl using hand whisk till light and pale.
3. Add one egg and a spoonful of sieved flour and whisk till combined, repeat with the other egg. Lastly stir in remaining flour till everything is mixed through.
4. Mashed banana with a fork till smooth (no lumps), add it into the flour batter together with vanilla extract and mix well.
5. Lastly stir in chocolate chips and walnut if using then pour batter into prepared in and bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre and comes out clean.
6. Remove and stand in pan for 10 minutes before removing it to cooling rack.
*Tips: You can reserved some chocolate chips, walnut and sliced banana to decorate the top of the batter before sending it into the oven.