- Half bitter gourd (remove seeds and white pith)
- Carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 2 eggs
- Prawns (optional)
- Fish sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, pepper
1. Slice bitter gourd thinly; put into a bowl of cold water (not too much) and salt. Gently rub and squeeze out the bitter juice; remove water and squeeze dry. If worried still too bitter, may then soak with cold water and salt. Before cooking, squeeze dry.
2. To prepare egg mixture, add soy sauce and pepper before beating eggs.
3. Heat up oil, stir fry garlic till fragrant, add in bitter gourd and carrot slices. Quick stir till bitter gourd is almost soft, add salt and sugar. (If using prawns, add now and quick stir till half-cooked.)
4. Pour in egg mixture, stir and mix with bitter ground, add some water. Lastly, add a few drops of fish sauce before dishing out. Enjoy!