5 egg yolks
( I replaced Whipping cream 100ml)
(I replaced with melted butter)
130g of Valrhona dark chocolate (melt & set a side to cool)
55g cake flour (I used top flour)
25g Valrhona Cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
Pinch of salt
5 egg whites
60g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cream of tar tar
First whisk the egg whites till frothy and add in cream of tar tar. Gradually add the sugar in 3-4 batches. Whisk till stuff peak.
1. Melt the butter set a side to cool
2. Melt the dark chocolate set a side to cool
3. Mix the whipping cream into d 5 egg yolks
4. Add the melted chocolate mix well combined
5. Add the oil and well combined.
6. Sift the top flour / cocoa powder / baking soda and baking powder into the chocolate batter till no trace of flour.
7. Add in the 1/3 of the stuff egg white do a quick whisk and combined to break the gluten. Then add 2/3 of the batch and fold them gently till to d last batch. The batter should be smooth.
8. Final do a few taps on table to let go the bubbles and pour into at 20" chiffon tin and bake for 40min to 43min original baking time. Or bake till toothpick comes out nearly clean.
1. I baked for 36min at 150deg based on my oven.
2. Individual oven differently so please adjust based on your oven's behavior.
3. It's dark chocolate so it's kinda of bitter and min sweet.
4. U may choose to add 20g of sugar in the egg yolk batter before adding d milk or whipping cream.