50g melted unsalted butter(cooled)
70g freshly squeezed mandarin orange juice
6 eggs, cold from fridge
190g caster sugar
200g Top flour/cake flour
1/2 tsp fine salt
Zest of 2 mandarin oranges
1. Mix butter and mandarin orange juice together, set aside.
2. Mix flour and salt together, sift them twice, set aside.
3. Remove eggs from the fridge, add into the mixing bowl, add in caster sugar, immediately beat it till pale, thick and fluffy (I use KA mixer with balloon whisk)
4. With mixer running at speed 1-2, add in zest, add flour spoon by spoon, then add in butter juice mixture, do not over mix.
5. Remove mixing bowl, use a spatula to fold the batter till well combined.
6. Pour batter in papercups 80% full. Lightly tap on countertop twice to remove air bubbles.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170C for 20 mins at middle rack. I use my Rowenta oven fan mode bottom heat.