3 Boneless Chicken Legs / Breast meat
( I chose Breast meat, NTUC having sale )
Marinade for Chicken 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp Mixed Herbs
( Garlic Salt and Mixed Herbs are Bottled Ones that Can be Bought from NTUC )
1. For Leg meat, place each piece 1 at a time in between 2 sheets of baking paper and flatten with rolling pin or flat side of meat tenderiser to desired thickness. For Breast meat, you may use a meat pounder to pound the meat, to tenderized it
2. Mix the marinade ingredients and rub it into the Chicken well. Set aside in fridge to marinate overnight or at least 5 - 8 hrs.
3. To cook the Chicken meat, use medium heat, oil and fry ( for Leg meat, lay Chicken skin side down, leave it for 2 minutes or more to crisp up before turning on the other side ). Once cooked, remove and place on serving plate.
Ingredients Mushroom Sauce
1/4 cup (32g) plain flour
1/4 cup (57g) butter
1/2 medium onion, diced finely
1 packet of white button mushrooms (roughly 5 big ones) , sliced thinly
600ml of chicken stock
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. To a clean saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and bring it to a foaming stage. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté well till butter is fully absorbed.
2. Add the flour to the pan and mix well. Immediately add 1/2 ( 300ml ) of the stock and mix well to combine. Once smooth, add the remaining stock and bring to boil. Turn off flame and leave aside.
Ingredients for Mixed Vegetables
1 stalk Carrot
1 stalk Broccoli
3 medium sized Potatoes
50 g Butter
1. Boil Carrot and Potatoes till Soft
2. Cut Carrot and Potatoes into cubes
3. Cut Broccoli into smaller stalks
4. Add butter to medium heat pan, sautéed Broccoli, Potatoes and Carrot, add some Salt to Taste, Remove and place on serving plate.
For the Rice, I added NTUC's Chicken Rice Ready Mix, after washing the rice and adding water, put in the Mix and stir to achieve the Chicken Rice taste.
Decorate your Serving Plate as you Wish and Serve, Bon Appetit!