Ingredients1 Kg White Radish
75g dried shrimp
2-3 preserved chinese sausage (diced)
6 pieces of dried mushroom (socked and dice or slices)
4 pieces of dried scallop (soaked)
75g of shallots cover with oil (to make fried shallots for serving, i use microwave to make this)
4g shoaling wine
5g of soy sauce
150g of rice flour
40g plain flour
80g corn flour
40g of wheat starch (optional, i did not add)
1.2L of water, divided into 2 equal portion (600ml each)
15g of salt
3g of sugar
Dash of pepper
- Peel and shred the radish set aside.
- Soaked all the dried ingredients like small shrimp, mushrooms, scallops in water for about 10mins for use.
- Combined the Rice flour, wheat flour, plain flour and corn flour with 600ml of water, mix well to combine *(flour water mixture) and set aside.
- Fried dried shrimp and scallops (high heat) add chinese sausage till fragrant and 600ml of water to it (you can use the water from the soaked dried ingredients instead, this is to add more favour.
- Next add in the shredded radish add salt, sugar and pepper fry for 5 min.
- Bring to a boil. Lower fire and Stir in the *flour water mixtures keep stirring until mixture begins to thicken and come together (about 4-5 mins).
- Off the heat and transfer to tray to steam for 40 min cool down and you may keep in the fridge for at least 2 hrs or longer if you want to fry the radish cake. Enjoy!