Recipe adapted from: Cheese Recipes Free by Moving Treehouse (Apple's App)
(I halved the recipe and used grated cheddar cheese, yellow capsicum & tomato sauce)
Ingredients4 cups sifted self-raising flour
90g chopped chilled unsalted butter
150g chopped ham
3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
1 green capsicum, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup milk and
1 lightly beaten egg
1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place flour and butter in a large bowl and, using your fingertips, lightly rub the butter through the flour until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add ham, 1/2 cup cheese and capsicum, along with milk and egg and knead lightly until just combined.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Shape dough into a 20cm round and place on prepared tray. Score the dough into eight equal wedges (as if you were slicing a pizza), cutting three-quarters of the way through (be careful not to cut all the way through the base).
- Fill the cuts with pasta sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes then break into wedges and serve.
Rita's Vibrant Kitchen note:
My oven is too hot, the pizza turned golden brown after about 20 minutes of baking. Please observe your bake to prevent it from burning.