Ingredients:150g gula melaka, chopped into pieces
100g coconut milk
150g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
50ml vegetable oil
Method:1. Melt gula melaka in coconut milk over low fire. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Sift together self raising flour and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs till pale yellow and creamy (almost doubling in amount)
4. Add in oil and whisk till thick and well combined.
5. Add in gula melaka mixture slowly, stir to combine.
6. Add in sifted flour mixture in portions and fold it into the batter slowly. I use a whisk to do this, starting from the centre to avoid lumps.
7. Pour mixture into an 8 inch round tin (can use square if you prefer) and steam over medium high heat for about 30 minutes.