1kg crab, cleaned and cut into pieces
3 cubes fish stock (Knorr)
3.5 liter water
0.25-1 tsp salt
1.5 tbsp rice wine
150ml evaporated milk
80g melted unsalted butter
1-1.5 tbsp fish sauce to taste
1.5 inch ginger, peeled and slices
600g fresh rice vermicelli (Unicurd)
3 bunches of Shanghai bok choy
3 stalk of spring onion, cut into 1 inch lengths
Garnish with corianders leaf
1. Boil 3.5 liter of water with the 3 cubes fish stock and set aside.
2. Boil the dried thick rice vermicelli for 3 mins with salt. Drain and set aside.
3. In heavy based pot, add the butter, ginger and garlic fry till fragrant.
4. Add the fish soup base, spring onion bring it to a boil.
5. Add the crab and evaporated milk to boil for a few minutes until the crabs turns red and cooked.
6. Add the Shanghai bok choy, rice wine and fish sauce to a quick boil.
7. Last add the rice vermicelli to boil for 1-2mins.
8. Ready to serve and garnish with coriander in a hot soup. Enjoy!