1 thumbs size ginger
6 garlic chopped
50 gm Salted veggie/ kiam Chye
2 tomatoes -cut quarters
4 leaves Chinese cabbage- cut
50 gm yam/ taro- fried
1 fish head/ fish steak
2 tbsp hua tiao chew
750 ml chicken stock
or water ( water with 1 magic chicken cube)
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat up the oil in the soup pot and sauté garlic & ginger till fragrant.
2. Add in the cut kiam Chye and sauté 5 mins.
3. Pour in water or stock and bring till boil, simmer for 20-25 mins with medium heat.
4. Place in the fish head, yam, tofu and plum in medium heat for 10 mins to 15 mins depends on the size of fish head.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
6.. Ready to serve... Drizzle 2 tbsp hua tiao chew. Garnish with some spring onion or coriander.
A great soup on a cool day!