1 kg of white glutinous rice
1 big ball of wine cake
250g of red yeast
2 to 3 mid-sized rock sugar
- Soak glutinous rice overnight.
- Steam and cool it completely for use
- Grind red yeast and wine cake in a food processor till fine
- In a glass container, put in a layer of steamed rice, followed by a layer of grinded red yeast and wine cake
- Repeat the above till all ingredients are used up
- cover the glass container with its cap loosely and put in a cool place.
- 3 days later, give the mixture a stir and put in the rock sugar
- leave it to ferment for at least a month