Serving: 2 pax
- 1 large boneless chicken thigh, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 king mushroom, sliced into round discs
- 2 handfuls of soybeans, rinsed thoroughly
- 1 stalk of spring onion, sliced diagonally, with white and green parts separated
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 30ml of Teriyaki sauce (from bottle or make your own)
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
1. Combine chicken pieces, sesame oil, pinch of salt and pepper and 15ml of teriyaki sauce. Set aside and allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes.
2. In a dry, hot pan, stir fry the chicken pieces till browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the sliced garlic and fry till you can smell the garlic. Add the soybeans, mushroom and white part of spring onion and stir fry till softened.
4. Add remaining 15ml of teriyaki sauce, stir to mix. Cover pan with fitted lid and steam for 1 – 2 minutes.
5. When vegetables are cooked through, add green part of spring onion and chicken pieces and stir well. Dish is ready to serve when green spring onion is slightly softened.
- Adding the green part of the spring onion at the end of the cooking process preserves its colour and crunch.
Post link: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152494893405886&id=684035885&set=gm.728602933875452&refid=18&ref=m_notif¬if_t=like&__tn__=E