150 gram prawn (peeled, divined)
150 gram/ 2 medium squid (cleaned, cut ring)
½ firm tofu ( twa kuah) ( cut into cube and fry till golden brown)
3 long beans ( cut into 5 cm)
1 small tomato ( cut into 6)
½ onion (slice)
1 tbsp tamarind pulp + 3 tbsp water OR ½ lime juice with + 3tbsp water
Salt and sugar to taste
5 tbsp cooking oil
8 red shallots ( blend)
2 garlics ( blend)
1 tsp belachan (shrimp paste)
3 to 4 tbsp chili paste
1. Heat the wok, toast the belachan for less than 3 mins or once the . Pour in the oil, the sambal paste with medium heat. Simmer for 10 mins.
2. Add in the sugar and salt, find the balance as you taste.
3. Add in slice onion, saute for 5 mins.
4. Toss in fried firm tofu and long beans, saute for 2-3 mins.
5. Stir in the prawns and squids, simmer for 4 mins. Stir well.
6. Add in cut tomato, tamarind pulp juice plus 3 tbsp water ( or ½ lime juice+ 3 tbsp water), add salt and sugar to taste. Off fire.
7. Ready to serve.
For this dish I am replaced the salt with maggi ½ ikan bilis cube.