- Mix yeast, 1 packet or 11g into a bowl (1 cup) of slightly warm water.
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar
- Mixed it well and leave it untouched for 10 to 15min or until yeast mixture become foamy
- 3 cups of plain flour into a large mixing bowl
- Add 1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add the bowl of foamy yeast mixture
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp of sugar
- Mix the ingredients slowly, use a spatula to cut and fold the mix slowing
- When all ingredients are mixed and look dry and coated with flour, remove the dough. It is ready for kneading.
- Place dough on a flat surface or table top.. Sprinkle some flour onto the table top.
- Coat the dough with the flour and slowly knead the dough. Knead by pushing and folding back the dough.
- At the point you will know if you have used more or less water then you should. If dough is sticky, sprinkle more flour and continue to knead. Knead until dough is not sticky. Sprinkle more flour if need to.
- Best to knead for at least 8 to 10 mins. Fold into a smooth round ball and place it into the mixing bowl to proof it for at least 30 mins. Use a cling wrap or tower to cover the bowl.
- After 30min to 40 mins.. the dough should double in size and is ready for pizza making.
- Cut into 3 portion. Can make 3 big thin crust pizza ...