Ingredients (makes one 23cm chiffon tin)
6 Egg yolk
85g White Coffee (Warm water + 1 packet of Old Town 3-in-1 White Coffee)
60g Vegetable Oil
100g Cake Flour, sifted
7 Egg white
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Whisk egg yolk and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
3. Gradually add in coffee and vegetable oil. Mix well.
3. Sift cake flour twice and add into egg yolk mixture. Mix until just combined and set aside.
4. Beat egg whites until frothy, add in Cream of Tartar and beat until soft peak. Add in sugar gradually and beat until stiff peak.
5. Gently fold in meringue to the egg yolk batter in 3 batches.
6. Pour the batter into a clean ungreased chiffon tin. Lightly bang the tin on the tabletop to release air bubbles. Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 mins (depending on your oven).
7. Invert the tin immediately and unmould only when the cake is completely cooled.