Old ginger about 5 thick slices
About 12 garlic
5 spice powder. .1.5 tsp
Meat spices. .. i used 1/3 pack or less as I got 5 spice powder
Sugar about 1.5 tbsp
Dark soya sauce. .. a lot. . Lol
Salt and Pepper
1 Pandan leaf (optional)
1. Rub salt onto the cleaned duck...
2. Let it marinate for a while.
3. Place the duck into a pot pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes. ..
4. Clean the duck under running water again and rub well to clean. .. the pot will also have to be washed and clean.
5. Heat up a clean pot/wok... Pour in about 2 tbsp of sesame oil. .
6. Put in sugar. Do not stir.. let the sugar caramelize then put in garlic and ginger. ..
7. Stir fried till fragrance.
8. Add in good grade dark soya sauce, 5 spices powder, all spices and a little water... Wait to boil. ..
9. Put in duck. .. made sure duck is well coated with sauce and turned. .. Cook for about 10 minutes.
10. Add in more water till it cover the duck. .. Cook for about 1.5 hours. Done