300 g cooked potatoes, cut small cubes
250 g chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
1 purple onion, cut into small pieces
2 hard boiled eggs
55g curry paste
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat up a wok, add in 1 tbsp cooking oil.
- Add in the curry paste, fry until fragrant.
- Sauté diced onion until fragrant, add in chicken and 1/2 tsp salt and stir fry until almost cooked.
- Add in cooked potato, 1tbsp of warm water, stir until filling is thickened.
- Set aside to cool.
Ingredients for the dough
150g plain flour
30g tapioca flour
10g rice flour
30g cooking oil
- In a big bowl, add in all dry ingredients.
- Add in butter and cooking oil, slowly add in water and knead till a smooth dough.
- Place the dough on the cling wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Divide dough into 8 portions about 40g each.
- Flatten the dough and roll, use a round cutter to cut out the shape.
- Put a spoonful of filling and 1/4 piece of hard boiled egg.
- Fold in half, seal and pleat the edge nicely.
- Heat up a pot, add in sufficient oil for deep frying.
- When oil is hot, slowly put in the curry puff and deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve warm.