Life makes easier with Prima Taste
While steaming the otah, I can smelled the aroma.
1 packet of Prima Taste Nonya Curry Paste
200gm mackerel fish meat
4 medium size prawns
200ml coconut milk
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp corn flour
Some Thai sweet basil
Some banana leaf ( making parcel) choose the younger leaf for easier to work on.
1. Blend the fish into paste.
2. In sauce pan, heat up coconut milk, add in Prima Taste nonya curry paste. Add 1 tsp fish sauce and 1 tsp of sugar.
3. Bring till boil ( this willl bring out the richness of the aroma of the curry and coconut milk). Off the heat and allow it to cool. Set aside.
4. Once the curry & coconut mixture is cool, add in fish paste, 2 eggs and corn flour. Stir well.
5. Cut the banana leaf into 17cm diameter or use any bowl you have at home as a guide. Cut 4 pieces of round leave. ( or use ramekins dish.
6. Fold the 4 and pin with toothpick but for this I used stapler.
7. Lay 2 to 3 Thai sweet basil leaves at the bottom. Carefully scoop the fish paste into 4 banana parcels evenly.
8. Lay the prawns on each otah.
9. Use a steamer, once water is boiling steam the otah for 10 mins.
10. Off the heat, ready to serve.
11. Use a spatula to pick up the otah from the steamer.
12. Garnish with some cut chilies or parsley. Enjoy!