1 drumstick meat (sliced)
1 sheet puff pastry (divide into 4 squares)
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 potato (mashed) see below
Handful of mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp *Woh Hup Black Pepper Sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup *Woh Hup Black Pepper Sauce
30g unsalted butter
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oyster sauce/ light soya sauce
1. Marinate the sliced drumstick meat with all the marinating seasonings for 2 hours or more.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok/pan. Fry the garlic and toss till fragrant, add the marinated drumstick meat and fry until it's almost cooked.
3. Add and mix all the seasonings and fry for a while or till it's all cooked.
The Mashed Potato
1 potato (boiled and mashed)
2 tbsp chopped carrot
1 tsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp unsalted butter
Salt (to taste)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the mashed potato ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. In a muffin tray, put the puff pastry sheet in the hole and gently press it down so as to make the pastry sheet in bowl shaped.
3. Scoop about 1-2 tbsp of the black pepper chicken into the pastry bowl.
4. Cover the black pepper chicken with some mashed potato followed by mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake the black pepper chicken cup pastry in the preheated oven for 20 minutes till the cheese browns or the pastry is cooked.
*Do not put too much of the chicken or mashed potato to prevent overflowing*