2 pkts Gingen Ginger Instant Powder
200 gm Peeled and grated carrot
128 gm Plain flour
1tsp baking powder
150 gm raw sugar
2 tbsp preserved orange peels
1 tbsp raisins
3 tbsp roughly chopped walnuts
2 large eggs
150 gm corn oil
A pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Frosting4 tbsp icing sugar
120g cream cheese, softened
45g unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 lemon, zest, finely grated
- Preheat oven temperature at 160 degrees.
- Lined parchment paper on a 7"×7" baking tin.
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil in a large mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
- Mix 2 pkts of Gingen Ginger Instant Powder, salt, flour and baking powder in a separate large mixing bowl, then sieve the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and mix to blend.
- Add the carrots, preserved orange peels, raisins and chopped walnuts and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for one hour or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling, place all ingredients for the frosting into a electric mixer to cream well until the frosting is creamy.
- Once the carrot cake has cooled completely, remove from the baking tin and peel away the baking paper.
- Spread the icing generously over the top of the carrot cake, decorate with your preferred nuts slice and serve. Enjoy!