60g cake flour (sifted)
15g cornflour (sifted)
80g castor sugar
60g melted butter
5 large eggs (separate yolks n whites)
1. Whisk the 5 egg whites till slightly foamy. Then add 2 tspn of castor sugar. Increase mixer speed n whisk till stiff peaks. (U may transfer this into a clean bowl first) Keep this in fridge for later use.
2. Whisk the 5 yolks n add sugar, till thick.
3. Add in both sifted flours and add melted butter. Combine even.
4. Fold in the whites now (2 to 3 batches) into the yolk mixture.
5. Pour/scoop this batter into individual tall cup moulds lined with parchment paper.
6. Baked in a preheated oven at 200°c for 5mins or u see dome, reduce temp to 175 deg to bake another 15mins or till cooked.
7. Transfer out to air on a wire rack.
1. Aluminium tall cupmoulds are bought in Hkg (some baking specialty shops should sell tis too)
2. I use Gladbake nonstick paper.
3. Pls note tartar/baking powder are omitted for these chinese cakes to give the natural lift/rise.
4. This recipe size good with 9cups as pictured here.