500g cod (cut into cubes)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp plain flour
Oil (deep frying)
1/2 tsp salt
100g rice flour
100g plain flour
1/2 tbsp honey
250ml beer (ice cold)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Wash and pat dry cod cubes then season with salt and pepper for 1/2 hr.
2. Combine and mix thoroughly all the ingredients for the batter.
3. Lightly coat cod cubes with plain flour for 5mins before dipping them into the batter.
4. Deep fry cod cubes till golden brown.
5. Deep fry the cod cubes a second time for about 10 secs after the first round of deep frying for a crispier crust.
6. Serve hot with tartar sauce or dashes of black vinegar.
7. Bon appetit!
1. Batter is enough to make 2 batches of cod cubes, can save the excess batter for 2-3 days in fridge.