3 pcs pork chop (500g)
1 can beer
1 can cream of mushroom
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp butter
4 mini potatoes (thinly sliced)
1/2 can button mushrooms (thinly sliced)
1. Marinate pork chop with salt, pepper and garlic powder for at least 1/2 to 1 hr.
2. Melt butter in a non stick frying pan, take 1 tsp melted butter to grease a casserole deep enough to contain the pork chops. Brown the pork chops on both sides with the remaining butter.
3. Whisk the can of beer and cream of mushroom till blended.
4. Line the casserole with sliced potato (including the sides), lay the pork chops on it.
5. Pour the beer mixture into the casserole and add the sliced button mushrooms. Ensure the pork chops are submerged in the beer mixture.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C, covered, for 180 mins.
7. Sprinkle some pepper or parsley before serving
8. Bon appetit!
1. Can decrease the beer to 200ml if you want the gravy to be thicker.
2. Baking timing may vary between 2-3 hrs depending on the thickness of the meat.
3. The gravy also goes well with rice, so do ensure ample supply of the cargo or even good on its own.