2 cup glutinous rice, soaked at least 2 to 4 hours
1-2 Chinese Sausages (Optional) - Sliced thinly
(This time she did not put)
1 small cup of dried shrimp - rinsed n soak in tap water
4 dried shitake mushrooms - soaked in hot water for 30 minutes then sliced. Reserve these water for cooking later
A handful of peanuts - soak in water
Light soy sauce to taste
Dash of pepper
3 -4 shallots - sliced n deep fried till crispy brown - reserve these oil to fry with the rice
1 stalk spring onions
I stalk chilli
1. Heat up the wok n add 2 tablespoons of the prepared shallots oil.
2. Add waxed sausages, dried shrimp n lightly fry for a ming.
3. Add the mushroom slices and stir fry till fragrance.
4. Add in the soaked rice n peanuts and stir fry to mix well, then add in soaked mushrooms water.
5. Dish out and place on steaming plate or tray.
6. Steam over medium heat for about 45 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
7. Garnish with fried shallots, spring onions n chilli.