125g unsalted butter at room temp
1 cup of castor sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of milk
2 cups of plain/all purpose flour
1 tsp of salt
1.5 tsp of baking powder
* Preheat oven to 180 Deg C*
1. Sift flour, salt & baking powder in a big bowl.
2. Beat butter and sugar in a mixer till light and fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs 1 at a time.
4. Add in the vanilla extracts.
5. Beat till light and pale.
6. Alternately spoon in flour & milk.
7. Beat everything on low speed till evenly mixed.
1/2 cup of mashed banana
1 cup of chopped banana; coated with 1 tbsp. of flour
1 cup of chocolate chips; coated with 1 tbsp. of flour
(Save some chopped banana & chocolate chip to decorate the muffins)
1 tbsp. of cocoa powder
8. Fold the mashed banana in the batter.
9. Fold the chopped banana & chocolate chips bit by bit
10. Once evenly mixed, scoop out 12 tbsp. of batter into another bowl.
11. Mix this 12 tbsp. of batter with the cocoa powder and mix evenly.
12. Scoop the light colour batter into the muffin cups with an ice cream scoop.
13. Top with a tbsp. of dark batter, a little on the side.
14. Continue until all the batter is used up. You may run a knife through to make a more marbled effect.
15. Decorate with the chopped bananas and chocolate chips.
16. Bake in the oven for 25 mins or test with a skewer.
17. Cool on a rack and enjoy.